A personal journal of growth and accepting change with grace, figuring life out as it happens.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
No More Snoozing Follow Up 10/8/2018
Clearly I fell off the wagon with writing on this one, but figured since my original goal of trying to start a new habit of not hitting the snooze button, I'd give an update.
This habit has helped change my life. Couple this one with my habit of trying to get in at least 20 minutes of exercise in a day and I've completely transformed my mornings. After a month of journal and sticking to it, I created a new habit. Eight months later, and I'm still sticking to that habit 5 days a week. I've never had more energy or felt better.
How these two little habits changed my whole life is extraordinary. I told myself I wanted to do this and now here I am following through every day. When I wake up early and get in a quick workout, I have more energy, I'm less likely to binge eat or select unhealthy food. I feel more accomplished. It's shown me that I can continue to build on habits to build the life I want.
Each morning I'm waking up at 5am and heading immediately into my living room for a workout. I've found if I do anything in between that period, that I get distracted and talk myself out of what I was going to do.
During the summer months when the sun was coming up at 5am I would head outside for quick 2 to 3 miles of running before having to jump in the shower. Even on the weekends, I would feel great getting up before anyone else in my house and getting in 4-7 miles as the sun came up.
Now that it's October and the days are so much shorter, I stick to my workout videos. YouTube is a great resource for any kind of workout you want to do. I've found several yoga, Pilates and weight training videos that I cycle through
Each day is different. Some days I feel like getting in a good cardio circuit so I look through PopSugar Fitness videos. Throughout the week, I'll interchange 10 minute arm workouts using weights. Other days when I'm too sore to want to get in a very challenging workout, I do 40 minutes of strengthening yoga. As long as I'm moving, I'm considering that win.
When I was in my teens and twenties, I focused a lot on going all out at all workouts and doing a lot of cardio. Since then, I've learned that it's better for me to be consistent and not burn myself out doing those long intense workouts. Workouts can be intense and not been so long that you get burnt out after a few sessions.
I've seen more changes in my body from Pilates and yoga then I ever thought was possible. The habit has allowed my body to be more flexible by combining strength training, yoga and stretching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment